FileMaker is one of the most popular database management systems for Mac OS X operating system. FileMaker database is very easy to manage and work on. It uses a layout, which works as a framework, which is used to design a database. However, there are some situations where layout objects or entire layout gets damaged and you encounter data loss. In such cases, you need to opt for FileMaker Repair solutions.
You can understand or identify the layout object or layout corruption issues with any of the following scenarios:
- While accessing the database, it frequently crashes of hangs.
- If you try to switch to a layout, FileMaker Pro database becomes inaccessible.
- You cannot updated or edit the database records. It crashes the application.
When database layout gets damaged, the entire database becomes inaccessible and requires FileMaker Pro recovery to be fixed.
You can fix the corrupted layout or layout objects by deleting the layout and moving the data to a new layout. Try out the following steps to delete a FileMaker database layout:
- Switch to the Layout mode in another FileMaker layout.
- Scroll the window to right edge of the screen or to bottom of the screen outside the positions where layout objects are visible on the corrupted layout.
- Switch to corrupted layout. Because the damaged objects are not on the screen, your system should not stop responding.
- Once you switch to the corrupted layout, delete it.
If you are unable to switch to the corrupted layout and remove the layout, then your database remains inaccessible. In order to deal with such situations, you should restore the database from an updated backup.
In case the backup is not available, you need to opt for advanced database recovery mechanisms using the third-party recovery applications. FileMaker database recovery software are capable of providing safe and easy recovery in all cases of corruption.