Database inconsistency is one of the most common reasons of database errors and corruption. The inconsistency issue affects every database management system, including FileMaker, and makes your critical data inaccessible. Such issues may happen due to wide variety of reasons, including virus infection and improper system shutdown. In such critical situations, an effective FileMaker recovery mechanism is very much required.
In order to deal with such situations, FileMaker pro has an inbuilt FileMaker repair functionality that helps you:
- Recover specific FileMaker database file components.
- Check consistency of the database files, which you think are damaged.
- Show file status information and check recovered file for the potential usability issues.
- Display a complete file recovery log, which is available during the recovery as well as after completion of the recovery process.
Before you can actually use the advance recovery option, you need to set it up. Following the below steps to setup the recovery options:
- Select Recover under File menu.
- Choose the affected file and click Select.
- Select Use advanced options in “Name new recovered file” window. FileMaker Pro opens the Advanced Recovery Options window.
- Select an option for generation of the new file, under Generate new file section. After generation of new file, FileMaker scans it and rebuilds a new database according to the options you choose in next step.
- Select additional options for defining how rebuild and scan process is done after file generation.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
The inbuilt recovery method works in most of the corruption scenarios and restores your database to original state. However, it may not handle complex database corruption issues and you need to opt for effective third-party recovery applications to deal with such cases.
The commercial recovery tools are designed to thoroughly scan damaged FileMaker database using high-end recovery techniques and extract all inaccessible data. They retrieve all database objects, such as Tables, rules, structure etc.
FileMaker is a reliable and efficient Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) for Mac OS X operating system based computers. It effectively stores your data in the database tables and creates records, which you can list down and access easily. However, under some situations, you may find that the database records are difficult to access and are freezing while accessing. This situation usually caused by corruption to the database and needs FileMaker Recovery to be sorted out.
In order to understand this problem more easily, you can consider the following situations that occurs while accessing the FileMaker database:
- When you scroll through the database records, with View as List or without View as List, your Mac machine stops responding.
- While opening a specific record, the application freezes and crashes. The problem occurs every time you try to access some particular records.
- When you try to recover the file using inbuilt recovery option of FileMaker, it fails or the problem persists even after completion of the recovery process.
This a clear indication of database corruption, which needs FileMaker Pro recovery be get your significant data back.
How to Fix Corrupted Record Issue in FileMaker?
FileMaker cannot read the corrupted record and it causes problems every time you attempt to access that record. You can use any of the following solutions to cure this problem:
- The best possible solution to this problem is to omit the damaged records and move rest of the records to another database. Then you can recreate the omitted or corrupted records. It is very important to carefully identify the corrupted records and omit them to ensure successful export of healthy records.
- If you have an updated backup of the corrupted database or corrupted records, then restore from backup. This is the best possible solution to work around this issue.
- In case you do not succeed using the above methods, you have to use advanced Mac FileMaker recovery tools to get your valuable data back.
Such applications are particularly designed to ensure absolute recovery of your valuable data after database corruption. They offer efficient recovery of all your database objects with ease.